UNDP SUPPORT TO FRONTIER COUNTIES DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL
Frontier Counties Development Council brings together counties in Kenya's Northern Frontier of Garissa, Isiolo, Lamu, Mandera, Marsabit, Tana River and Wajir. These regions have for a long time been economically marginalized, have suffered fragility, instability, poverty and insecurity. Amidst all these low indices, the frontier Counties have immense potentials for development.
The County Governors of these frontier counties have therefore come together to accelerate the social economic development of the area especially in advancing peace and development so as to harness the development potential of the region
Areas of Intervention
- Promotion of peace, security and preventing violent extremism, values and good governance;
- Pursuit of high, sustainable and equitable economic growth;
- Poverty reduction through employment generation and reduction of social vulnerability;
- Protection of the environment and promotion of climate-friendly technologies and sound agricultural practices;
- Promoting health care services; and
- Transforming technical, vocational and education to produce the right kind of skills and expanding access to technology, applications, innovation and networks.