Strategic Policy Advisory
1. Policy Research and Analysis
2. Poverty Reduction and MDGs Mainstreaming
3. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting UNDP Institutional Capacity and Support to Aid and Donor Coordination
4. National Human Development Report
Projects and Initiatives
Kenya has made significant progress towards realizing a number of the MDGs. In particular: Universal primary education (MDG2); promotion of gender equality and empowerment of womrn (MDG 3); reducing child mortality (MDG 4); combating HIV/AIDS, Malaria and other Diseases (MDG 6); and exploiting information communication technologies (MDG 8). However progress towards realizing a number of other key MDGs – eradicating extreme poverty and Hunger (MDG1), Achieving environmental sustainability (MDG 7) and improving maternal Health ( MDGG 5) has been very slow More...
The Ministry of Devolution and Planning, in collaboration with UNDP Kenya and other stakeholders began consultations on the Post-2015 agenda in the year 2012. After the first consultation meeting held in September 2012 to chart the path for the Post-2015 dialogue, several consultations have been made at both county and national level and with the participation of a wide array of stakeholders, key among them government ministries, development partners and civil society organizations. More...
- 25 Sep 2015:UNDP Kenya Embarks on Achieving Gold Certification on Gender
- 10 Sep 2015:UNDP Hands Over Farmers Training Center to Murang’a County
- 27 Aug 2015:Kenyans Celebrate 5th Anniversary of Constitution Implementation