CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR REGIONAL CIVIL SOCIETY ADVISORY GROUP
UN Women Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office (ESARO) based in Nairobi is setting up a Regional Civil Society Advisory Group for Eastern and Southern Africa which will provide space for enhancing collaboration between UN Women and CSOs.
Goals for the CSAG
To foster strategic dialogue and engagement, with a view of addressing the root causes of gender inequalities and advance goals of gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- To provide a forum to enable mutually beneficial consultations between UN Women and civil society and draw upon the rich and diverse expertise, experience, outreach and networks, perspective and knowledge that civil society can offer on a timely and effective basis;
- To serve as a consultative forum to agree on regional priorities and develop joint strategies to inform UN women’s programmes in Eastern and Southern Africa.
The regional Civil Society Advisory Group will have 12 members (women and men) who are committed to the core values of the United Nations and to the mission of UN Women. Members will serve for a period of two years. A third of the members will serve for a period of three years to ensure continuity.
· UN Women will circulate the call for nomination through existing regional and national gender equality, women's rights and women’s empowerment networks/coalitions, organizations and movements and the media. Nominations should be sent to UN Women, Regional Office for Eastern and Southern Africa, UN Complex, Gigiri, Block M, P.O. Box 30218-00100, Nairobi, Kenya or to Consultancies.email@example.com with the subject line; REF: REGIONAL CIVIL SOCIETY ADVISORY GROUP (CSAG) FOR EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
· The nominations should include the following: Name, organization and contact details of the person nominating; Name, organization and contact details of the nominee; a short description (less than one page) on why the nominee would be a suitable candidate for the CSAG and a detailed CV of the nominee
· The deadline for receiving nominations is 18th April, 2014.
Serving in the advisory group is considered voluntary work and UN Women will only cover travel expenses of the members for the group’s meetings.
Organizations wishing to nominate a candidate to be a member of the Regional CSAG will find more information in the Terms of Reference which include the selection process and criteria, that can be downloaded from the right rail on this page